Thursday, February 17, 2011

First Outing with Just Mommy and Me

So today, I decided if Benjamin would sleep alone, I would take a shower and we would venture out to Target.  He did!  So away we went.

This is the first time we have gone anywhere just the two of us.  And it was nice, but different, and a little difficult.  First off, I really really need to work out or something.  I have no upper arm strength.  It was hard to lift the baby and the car seat all at once.  But I did it.  We walked around target and he fell asleep, so it was pretty easy going.  The only thing that had me worried, is we haven't installed the mirror that hangs on the back of the seat, so that you can see the baby while driving. 
I'm still new, so I freak out a lot, and would have liked the reassurance of seeing for myself the baby was okay, instead of relying on sound only.  So I definately am going to have to make sure the mirror is in for our next car trip.

I am hoping that daddy will put together the stroller tonight, and if it is warm tomorrow then I will attempt a walk with baby and doggy!

No comments: