Friday, February 27, 2009

Nervous and Excited.

I am excited that the group interview last night was a piece of cake. They said it was just to make sure that we were "all" there. so hehe, I am all there. (take that oscar) It was really just a bunch of us in a room talking about ourselves and why we wanted to be teachers. So I am in the program as long as all my things get turned in. Which has me worried, because they haven't received the transcripts there were mailed out on the 6th. I have the receipt that says they were mailed, and I got the one I ordered at the same time. So hopefully, the are there, and my letters of reccomendation have gotten there.
I have to LEAVE my house at 530 am tommorrow, for my tests. Yikes. They are supposed to take five hours to take, and I have to take two of them. I, in case you haven't noticed, am not fond of grammer rules. Which is why I am mostly worried about the test. There are LOTS AND LOTS of grammer questions and you have to edit. Hopefully, I get enough right to pass. (but i can always retake it, so it is not the end of the world, just seems like it.) I am also pretty sure that I want to do special education now, which means in the future I have to go take that specialization test. ( the program I am in will help me with the material i need to study, and holds study classes)
If I get into the program I have to do a two week stint in a classroom. This is mandated by the state of Il. Which means I need to talk my boss into letting me have two weeks off. The program said they would work with us and we can do it one day a week for ten weeks. Or two days for five weeks. I just can't see my company allowing me to do that. Which means I am going to start sending out resumes again. I need a job that I can work at night now! It is so ironic. I have to set up a time when I can speak to Matt about getting the days off, but I am still going to start sending out resumes cause it took me almost two months to find this job and I cannot go through that again.
On a positive note. I have been going to the gym semi-regularily. Which means I have been going at least twice a week, which is better than nothing in my opinion. One day I will go more often, we shall see when that happens.
Wish me Luck Tommorrow.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Good luck on your test!