Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hangman

So for my liberation theology class, we have to do community service. I am working for the Mexican Solidarity Network. Today after work I hopped on the brownline and took it to the end of the line! which means I basically rode the whole thing. Which is sorta fun, but not at five when it is crowded, but luckily I got a seat. Which is fun, cause standing for almost an hour on a moving train does not help my painful knee.
Anyway, I got to the center and it was not open! This happens a lot to us, which makes me sad. The person who unlocks the door is out of the city for a conference or something. This means I cannot get into the office to make copies, or to get any teaching supplies. The other teacher knew that this was going to happen today, but I was in the dark. Luckily I actually had brought something to do for class instead of using the books they have there. However, since my printer is mad at me, I only printed one of each thing, and was planning on making copies. I had planned a crossword, and word search. so I drew them on the board, and then had to erase for the next one, but we still managed to have fun. They also learned hangman. It was really fun, and they actually stumped me once. This helped them think of english words that they know and then how to spell them. I think they really enjoyed it, and I feel that the used english more in this class, and understood. What a difference being prepared makes. I feel bad for them because I am not trained to teach english as a second language so I have been sorta lost. But each week gets better.
But please wish me luck on saturday because I have no idea if anyone will be there to unlock the center, and the computer room so we can teach computer class!

No comments: