Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Out of the Loop

So I got off work an hour early on monday because I went in an hour early, since Oscar had to work at 7am. I was excited that I was getting off early and at the same time as him. But then I remembered I had to teach ESL at the center at 630. So instead of going home, I went to Depaul and printed out some worksheets for the class, ate the lunch I packed and then went to the center. I was about 40 minutes early which is a bad thing because the doors usually get opened ten minutes after you are supposed to be there. Well imagine my happiness since I could get outside of the cold and go inside cause someone came early. They looked at me and told me that there was no class today. I was like excuse me???? So I called the person in charge and she was like why wouldn't there be class? and then Oh you are right there isn't class today. So in otherwords I wasted two hours waiting for the class to start only to find out that I wasn't teaching and then had to get on the train and go all the way to Oscar's which mean I got home around 8 pm, which is three and a half hours later than I would have. I am so upset by this, and want to scream! This is unprofessional and my time is very valuable to me, considering I work full time and am taking classes.


No comments: